Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Tufts 10K

So, Anna and I decided to celebrate Columbus Day by running in the Tufts 10K for Women. This is a huge race that starts and ends on the Boston Common, runs along Memorial Drive, and has over 7,000 participants. I ran this 5 years ago with Kate, and we were very excited to find out that we ran it in just under 9 minute miles. Now, I am in better shape this year and decided to try and beat that time.

It was an amazing day, although a tad warm, and I went out feeling pretty good. Anna encouraged me to go ahead of her as she is still recovering from an injury and felt our initial pace was a bit much (8:15 for the first mile). Well, apparently I got even faster as I finished it at a little over an 8 mile pace. Check out my results!

453 174/1530 F2029 51:39 50:29 8:08 Jessica Riggs 27 F 5636 Somerville MA

Crazy! I think I am a lot faster than I thought, since I didn't feel too bad when I finished and could probably have picked my pace up at some point. Hmmmm.... Anna is trying to convince me to really train for a 5K in a few weeks. Maybe I will do some speed workouts and see if I can run at a 7:30 pace. I would LOVE it if I could pull that off!

No comments: