Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Partners Running Club

So, we have a health promotion project that we develop this semester at school. The project is supposed to serve a need in the community to promote health and wellness. There are 7 projects this year and we were all divided up based on interest earlier in the semester.

My group is working with the Partners Running Club. to develop an interactive program designed to improve performance, increase core stability, and prevent injury. We are going to start doing literature reviews to see what the experts say. Hopefully I'll learn a little bit myself and perhaps ward off any injuries :) I'll post anything interesting that we learn for those of you out there that run.

Of course without thinking about it, I was totally dressed the part yesterday. I was wearing my long sleeve shirt from the Tufts 10K and had on my track vest from highschool. Word to the wise: when you wear something from highschool, make sure it doesn't have a date on it! Mine read: Taft Track 1996. Yup, that was 10 years ago... way to date myself, huh?

Speaking of running, I did my first tempo run last night: 10 min warmup, 3 minutes fast followed by 2 minutes easy X 4, and then a 5 minute cool down. The fourth pick up was definitely painful as it ended up being half uphill. Oops, that's what I get for not planning my routes :)

No comments: