Saturday, May 14, 2005

My last day

So, yesterday was my last day at Sun. Everyone was great and most people from my team wished me good luck in my new career. It was hard to finally say goodbye and head out those big doors that locked immediately behind me. It was strange knowing that I left my badge inside and would not be able to return. I drove home in a bit of a daze and started packing for CA as soon as I walked in the door. I don't think it'll hit me that I've moved on till I get back from my trip and realize I don't have to go back into work.

My mom sent me the following email, and I must say that I'm always amazed at how well she knows me:

Thinking about you today. I know how hard it is for you to leave the
security of your first real job. I hope that you have been getting good
gifts and parties. As sad as this day can be, remember to look at the big
picture and your future. You have a new exciting life to enter and anyone
from this job is truly a good friend, you will keep in touch with them. Look
at Josh for example. He is a good friend that now lives across the continent
and you are going to spend 10 days with him starting tomorrow. SUN has
provided you with many cherishable things that will stay with you the rest
of your life, but you need to fulfill that void in your life. After all,
life is all about you!!! You need to do what is right and good for you. I'm
probably going through all of this don't feel guilty talk and you probably
have already moved on. If that is the case, forget the consoling and have a
great last day.


I do hope to stay in touch with the people I enjoyed working with. In fact, that's one of the reasons I resurrected this blog!

No comments: