Sunday, May 22, 2005

Hot Night in the City

Friday night was girls night in San Fran. Courtney offered up her place as crash space for Kate, Joanna and I and planned a fun outing for us and some of her classmates. It started out with multiple bottles of wine and yummy snacks complements of our amazing hostess. We then headed out in 2 cabs to the first bar.

I don't remember exactly who's idea it was to find a kareoke bar, but I do know that we ended up walking almost 10 blocks to one near the Castro. I suggested to Kate that we sing George Michael's Faith, her favorite song, and she rushed to put our names in as soon as we got there. (I think she was drunk at that point.)

We ended up chatting it up with some girls at the bar while listening to a group of guys circle through random country songs I'd never heard before. These girls were definitely fun and ordered a round of shots for Kate and I. Later in the night, Abby ( the girl who ordered the shots) pulled me aside and told me that her friend thought I was wonderful and she wanted my number. I had to inform her that although we were in a gay bar, I had a boyfriend and wasn't currently looking to date a woman. Although I do believe Brian said it wouldn't be cheating if it was with a woman... :-p

Kate and I got many applause for our rendition of Faith, and I accomplished 2 firsts that evening: I've now sung Kareoke in a bar full of strangers and been hit on by a woman!

No comments: