Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Bernardus Winery, Carmel Valley, CA


Bernardus Winery, Monterey, CA
Originally uploaded by jessriggs.
This is my new favorite winery! Josh and I met an employee of this winery in Napa on Monday and he suggested we check this place out. Boy am I glad we ran into him! There wasn't a wine we didn't like at this place, and I added 2 more bottles to the collection I'm bringing home with me (shhhh... don't tell security at Logan. Actually, I think it is ok to bring wine back as a carryon just can't ship it there... yet)

The woman pouring for us suggested that we stay around and do a wine tasting dinner at a local wine store. There were doing a Chile vs. Argentina head to head competition with gourmet appetizers. We decided to check it out. The room was filled with abotu 30 wine enthusiasts and local winery employees. We were a bit out of our league. What is it they say, "fake it till you make it?" Well, Josh did just that. The Heller Estate employee thought Josh had great taste in wines since everytime her asked if Josh liked a certain wine, he said "yes. It's pretty good." I don't think he realized that that was all Josh ever said about the wine.

Regardless, we had a great time and I even have a nice list of wines to look for at local Boston wine stores... in case you are wondering: Argentina won the face off :)

No comments: