Thursday, July 12, 2007

My Year Long Placement

We received notification of our internship placements today at 4pm. I ended up getting my first choice, which is Mass General Hospital Outpatient. I'm not sure yet whether I will be in the ambulatory care center attached to the hospital or at a satellite clinic in Waltham. I think I remember the director telling me that she wouldn't send me to Waltham because I don't have a car, and I would love it if I get to be in the hospital. I am very excited about this news, although I am also nervous for a few reasons:

  1. I know that this will be the most challenging of any of my placements... Vermont tends to be a laid back place, and The General (I should start using the lingo) is anything but.
  2. I think I may be placed with another Jessica R in my class and she is quite competitive. Great, they will definitely be comparing us now, not that I think I wouldn't match up if we were to be compared. I just don't think that is the point of our internship year.
  3. And this one is silly... there is no more pretending or fantasizing about the different places I might end up and how each one would present different challenges. I now know where I'll be and that kind of takes the guessing out of things for the moment. I still don't know where I'll be after this year, so perhaps I can just start fantasizing about that early :)

No comments: