Tuesday, July 17, 2007

First Brick Workout

I did my first brick workout today. It wasn't planned but I was feeling great and felt like pushing myself, so after my 30 mile bike ride with Katie, I ran 3.5 miles. I was tired, but I felt like my legs were underneath me and I could continue to push through the fatigue. Of course, I did not swim beforehand and didn't run the 6+ miles I am going to need to pull off on August 26th, but I think this is a good place to be 5-6 weeks out. I am planning on biking 40-50 miles this weekend up in Burlington, VT with a good friend and avid rider. The couple I lived with for 10 weeks is getting married on Friday afternoon at a public park right on Lake Champlain, and I figured I might as well bring my bike and log some good scenic miles on Saturday!

I think I am even starting to think like a triathlete now, scary!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.