Monday, July 16, 2007

Walden Pond Swim Route


Walden Pond Swim Route
Originally uploaded by jessriggs.
We went out to Walden on Saturday and I finally swam the entire length! Here is an estimate of my route. I obviously need to work on swimming straight. The pink is the way I went out and the orange back. Notice the improvement in aiming for the correct part of the shore. I think it's much easier on the route back because there are a ton of people camped out on the beach and you have a larger visual target.

It's ~1/2 mile across, so I actually swam over a mile total (counting my detours) with one break inbetween. I felt great and even managed to run for 30 minutes after the swim. I feel much more prepared for the swim portion of the race, although now I need to focus on the run and the bike!

No comments: