Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Under the Umbrella


Under the Umbrella
Originally uploaded by jessriggs.
This is a picture of Michelle and I at Heather and Alex's wedding a couple of weeks ago. After months of planning and getting everything in order, the weather decided to not fit into the plan of a lovely outdoor wedding. The bride in groom took it in stride, however, and still walked down the "aisle" to the tree house where they exchanged their vows while we hundled under umbrellas down below.

I'll admit that I did not actually hear much of what was said between the two of them, except I did hear Heather replace "I promise to stand by you through the trouble we may have" with "we WILL have." A nice touch that got a laugh out of those in attendance. The wedding was followed by a pig roast and dancing at the St. John's Club.

It was a great weekend, as I was able to go for a long bike ride with my friend Josh on Saturday AM and then head to the Vermont Brewer's Fest with the wedding party in the evening. I realize being up there again how much I really love the people and the atmosphere in general. Perhaps I'll end up in VT by the end of 2008... who knows?

No comments: