Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Face Scan


Face Scan
Originally uploaded by jessriggs.
I participated in an MIT face scan study yesterday. The whole process, which consisted of me sitting still for 2 minutes inside a metal dome filled with cameras as they took 900+ pictures of my face, took all of 15 minutes to sign in, set up, and get all the photo's taken. For that they gave me $30 and some of the images, thus the spooky picture of me in a hairnet looking like a statue. I wish I could have posted the 3-D image... it was in a strange format and would not save to a standard .jpg format.

I guess they are using the data to develop software to age images, and various other reasons. They don't exactly seem to have all the uses for this data hammered out yet, but it definitely seems interesting and totally worth $30 for my time :)

No comments: