Sunday, June 15, 2008

Back in the Saddle Again


Ben&I
Originally uploaded by jessriggs.
So, I guess I mean that in 2 ways... (1) I am trying to get back on my road bike regularly and had an amazing 15 mile hilly ride with Anna Thursday AM... something I hope becomes a semi-regular event when she gets back from her work trip. The weather was beautiful and it was such a great way to start the day! I was actually quite sore the next day, so I am definitely out of practice.

And (2) I'm dating again. I struggle with this last piece a bit more. I actually don't feel as out of practice with dating someone as I do with biking. Matt and I just ended things back in early April, and it is uncharacteristic of me to start seeing someone else exclusively so soon.

I guess I also tend not to date people I already know, and I've known Ben now for 2 years. I didn't know what to expect when he asked me out a few weeks ago, and I am still amazed at how well we get along.

Unlike following Anna up hills, it's just easy.

No comments: