Sunday, May 27, 2007

Triathlon Training

Well, now that I am back in Boston, I have officially started my triathlon training. Anna has been taking swimming lessons and biking with a group out of Newton while I was in VT, and boy do I need to catch up! My two workouts so far this week have left me fairly exhausted: swim ladder (300m warm up, 200, 300, 400, 300, 200 and 100 cool down), and a 20 mile bike ride with a lot of hills. I actually felt better with the swim, which means I need to work on my riding. There is another 15 mile ride planned for tomorrow, and I should plan to do another longer ride during the week. Our race is in August: The Cranberry Country Triathlon. I should be able to build up my biking endurance by that time. My lungs hurt when I returned back home yesterday and I was coughing for an hour until I felt better. Crazy! Well, I guess I'll be in great shape by the end of the summer.

No comments: