Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Running for a Good Cause

My friend Megan and I traveled down to Albany this past weekend for the Captain Timothy J. Moshier 5K Fun Run/Walk in memory of Matt's best friend who's helicopter went down in Iraq last year. It was great event with over 120 volunteers who made it all happen, including Matt's parents who helped with registration and course direction. It was a great day for running: overcast and in the high 50s, and we all did really well. Matt got 4th place overall and Megan and I had strong finishes as well. Below are my times:
89 Jessica Riggs 27 F Somerville MA 23:59 7:44

I was 89th out of 364 people, some of whom walked, but not bad for not training! I wonder if I could get my time below 7 minute miles with training. In any case, I am really glad that I was able to make it down there to cheer Matt on as he sped past me coming back in, to lend my support, and to spend time with Matt's family and the Moshiers. It was a great weekend.

No comments: