Sunday, May 27, 2007

Intership Interviews and the Beginning of the Semester

It's odd being back in classes for what is my last semester of coursework. After that I will be starting my year long PAID clinical internship, which I have started attending information session for and submitted my resumes to the hospitals where I would like to work. I have 3 out of 8 interviews already set up (Brigham and Women's, Spaulding and Newton-Wellesley, first one June 1st), 1 that is currently being scheduled (MGH), and I'm waiting on 4 other sites to accept me for an interview (Boston Medical Center, New England Rehab, Shaughnessey Kaplan, and Youville: a new addition to the list). 29 students applied to Boston Medical Center for 1-2 positions, so they have decided not to interview everyone and will be hand selecting interview candidates. Shaughnessey is having their information session on Friday June 1, and the other two have not yet reviewed all the resumes.

The whole process is frustrating and nerve racking as students are looking around the room at the other information session attendees sizing up the competition. Meanwhile we've started 4 classes, with 3 more that will begin once we are through the interview process, and not much work has been assigned and there appears to be a lot of confusion in terms of logistics. I guess it'll all settle out once interviews are done, and our final ranking lists are submitted. That will all happen by June 25th, so I guess I only have a few more weeks of stress ahead.

Oh, and to add to the stress and confusion of my life right now... my roommate moved out yesterday and I have the next week to clean up, paint the place, and be ready to great my summer roommate, Amy. Amy is a first year DPT student at the institute adn her orientation is the 2nd week of June. I'll be able to give her some pointers and books... not sure who the roommate will be for Sept 1. We'll see.

No comments: