Friday, May 04, 2007

Back in Beantown

So, in just 9 more days I will be back in Boston for a full year! Yup, I got my internship list back and am approved to apply to all the places on my list that I posted a couple of weeks ago (except New England Rehab which is still not a definite option). This means that I will be living in Boston for another 15 months, and I have already spoken to my landlord about signing a 15 month lease at the current rent. She is even redoing the tub for me, buying paint for me to fresh up the place, and having her carpenter come in to discuss where he will build shelves in the kitchen to make it more usable. Oh, and she said I could have a dog in there if he wasn't a real barker. I just need to find a roommate for when Helen moves out and I am all set! I am so excited to finally fix up this apartment, to be on a lease, and to have all my furniture in one place. You know, to be somewhat settled.

I've been having fun with my last few weeks in VT and am helping my roommates with a neighborhood yard sale this weekend, and doing a charity walk. Anyone can donate. It's the COTS Walk to benefit homeless shelters, and my team is the Burlington Hash House Harriers. Matt is coming up this weekend to hang out and help move my stuff back to Boston. He has been absolutely wonderful in helping me get ready to come back and is showing my apartment to potential roommates tonight for me. :) Hopefully one of them works out.

No comments: