Sunday, April 20, 2008

Marathon Weekend

So, this is the weekend of the big Boston Hash House Harriers event centered around the actual Boston Marathon, which is tomorrow. So many of my favorite out of town people came in for the event this weekend, and it was great to catch up with them all. Especially my VTers... I miss Burlington.

The hardest thing about this weekend by far was having to have similar conversations with people about what happened between Matt and I. I guess his version is rather simplified: "She was planning a future, I wasn't," which I guess gets the point across, but some of my friends wanted to know a little more including how I was holding up...

interesting question

I don't really know how to address that one, except to say that I am keeping myself busy, and that I don't regret the decision to end things. I am disappointed that Matt could not envision a future for us together, but I don't necessarily fault him that. I just want to feel special, appreciated, and to be a priority in someone's life after 1.5 years. The fact that he couldn't provide that does not make him a bad person, it just makes him not the right person.

Not knowing who the right person may be is a little scary, but also thrilling in a way. Well, let's just wait and see how I feel tomorrow... this process is a very day-by-day kind of thing :)

No comments: