Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Update on the Year Long Internship

So, it looks like the position at RIC in Chicago that was focused on patients with spinal cord injuries is no longer an option for my class. Since I do not have any interest in the Pediatric position still available there, it looks like I will not be living in Chicago any time soon.

Our clinical coordinator also just sent out all the information on each site, including amount of pay per hour, insurance available and paid days off. There is a lot to think about on this one. Unfortunately so of my top choices are pretty poor paying and one has no insurance coverage on top of that. I guess I really need to think about what is most important, and I need to think about this soon... I need to send in my list within the next week or so.

I guess the really important questions right now are: do I want to stay in Boston? would I be willing to buy a car? is money or experience more important to me? and what clinical skills do I hope to gain in this year? I'll be sure to figure this all out in the next 2 weeks, and will solicit advice from those close to me (consider yourselves warned). This year is the start of my new career and I really want to get off on the right foot.

No comments: