Monday, March 05, 2007

Greetings from the land of ice and snow!

After a treacherous commute up Friday night, which involved one spin out where thankfully no one was injured and Anna was able to negotiate her car out of the snow bank and get us back on the highway, we settled in after arriving at 2am. We couldn't believe all the snow outside when we finally dragged ourselves out of bed and the house. There are drifts of over 5 feet in some areas (apparently this is where the snow has been hiding).

The people I am living with are great and luckily had the bed all ready for us with multiple comforters and blankets. We all went skiing together at Smuggler's Notch on Sunday (amazing conditions), and then proceeded to watch multiple spin outs while we tried to keep our own car on the road getting down the frozen access road. oh, this is after I fell on the ice in the parking lot and landed with my board on top of me... no broken bones, although I am awaiting a sizable thigh bruise.

Found the shuttle bus at 7am this morning and had a good first day. My CI is really nice, although a bit nervous as I am her first student at FAHC... we'll see how it pans out. So far, she seems to know her stuff although is a bit scattered at times. She is ready for me to begin treating patients tomorrow, that is of course if I can find their rooms as this hospital is a labyrinth!

Oh, and it is supposed to be -6 degrees tomorrow morning!

No comments: