Sunday, February 18, 2007

False Alarm

So, I realized that I jumped to conclusions when Matt and I sat down to talk about VT. Granted, he was not chosing the right words, but I made the assumption that he was not willing to try to make it work during my 10 week stint in Burlington, VT. He also made some assumptions about me wanting a serious commitment from him before I left (something that after 3 months, he is not quite ready to do). All I wanted was for him to say he would try to make it work. No one can say for sure how the distance will affect things, but I think we both agree that it's worth giving it our best shot!

Of course he read my blog yesterday and was really sad at the finality in what I wrote. I guess my new reaction to relationships is to cut and run when they are getting difficult. I think I am afraid to make the mistake of staying in a bad relationship for longer than I should again. My friends made me realize that that is not a good reason to end a good relationship now.

I think I also scared Matt by saying I was thinking of a future... he isn't quite there yet, but admits that he is headed in that direction. I'm thinking about this coming summer and next year... no one is ready for marriage yet! No worries, Matt. :-p

No comments: