Monday, September 05, 2005

Time to stop slacking...

Ok, so tomorrow I have to return to being a full time student again. It's been nice to enjoy some time off and to see family and friends. I think everyone needs 3 weeks off to catch up on life, but I guess that is only possible for those who have given up a paycheck and forced themselves back in classes... one of my only perks!

I just got back from spending 4 days at home in the Middle-of-no-where, PA. A real culture shock when I was in NYC & Boston earlier in the week. I got to spend a lot of time relaxing with my mom, and even spent a good deal of time catching up with my best friend from college. She grew up in Williamsport (a some what booming city about 45 minutes from where my family is from), and has recently started a grassroots newspaper aimed at promoting culture, awareness and education in North Central PA. I believe it may be the only liberal paper in print out there. Way to go Liz! I would expect no less from a Brown graduate.

I must admit that it was weird to walk around Boston in the middle of a work day. It was just me, the full time moms, the unemployed and the mormons... quite a different scene! I must admit that it was great to be able to watch Days of Our Lives and have that be the first real thing I did in a given day. There is something about watching a soap (this one I have followed since my friend's mom watched it with us at age 8, otherwise, I don't think I'd watch it) that makes you realize that you truly have nothing to do. For me, it almost defines relaxation... strange, huh?

Oh well, back to school

1 comment:

Nee said...

I have seen a lot of Mormons around Somerville/Cambridge/Boston lately - what's going on?!?