Sunday, July 09, 2006

Only possible in VT

My roommate from Boston came up for a couple of nights to enjoy some fun outdoor activities, and I think we may have outdone ourselves. Orignially we talked about going on a nice hike, but then a friend up here was going out sailing on Saturday and was looking for a crew. Because Helen wanted to leave early on Sunday, we had a choice to make... and we decided to do both!

Because Jeff didn't plan to set sail till 3pm, we headed out to Camel's Hump for a 4 hour hike leaving Burlington at 8am and returning in time to shower, change and buy some food to bring on board. Jeff and another friend on board, Alex, both made Mojitos and we had a nice relaxing sail out to Juniper Island on Lake Champlain where we set anchor and swam for a bit before heading back to the docks. The lake was a bit on the cold side, but definitely refreshing.

We then hung out with some other sailors we know on shore at a bar called Breakwaters until after 10pm. I would like to tell you I then headed home for well needed rest, but unlike my older and sometimes wiser roommate, I decided to meet some of the crew out at a club later in the evening and stayed out dancing till 2am.

After a full day like that, I feel somewhat justified in staying in and doing laundry today. A slightly tamer, but still productive day, right?

No comments: