Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Curling: a new spectator sport!


100_5642
Originally uploaded by mensworlds2006.
My friend Derek got me a ticket to the World Curling Championships being held in Lowell this week. So, instead of a boring Monday evening, I took the commuter rail up to Lowell and cheered on Team Fenson. Apparently in Curling teams are named according to who the skip is (basically the captain who always throws his rocks last.)

Check out the funny signs that Derek's friends came up with. I think the plan is to watch the finals on Friday afternoon. After chatting with the lead for Team Fenson (guy who throws first) for 20 minutes after they beat Scotland, I think Derek and I may become regualr fans of this new fascinating sport.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Hmmm...but the best part of it all is the guy in the background of the picture is WEARING A KILT!!!!

UW Nutrition said...

Oh, that's so cool! Curling! I have 2 Canadian friends here that are all about the curling. I think we might try to go sometime soon. (There's a Seattle curling club.)

And another one of my friends has his own kilt!

Jess said...

There were quite a few people dressed up in kilts for the event, and there was even someone playing bag pipes. Although they kept playing odd songs, like the theme from Star Wars. Too funny!