Sunday, April 09, 2006

Being selfish?

I find myself wanting to know what Brian is up to, how he is doing, and wanting to tell him some of the things going on in my life. Then I realize that I have no right to intrude on his life, he doesn't want to hear from me, and it would be selfish for me to call in order to vent about problems or to seek advice. So instead I find myself trying to keep busy with school, friends, and random social events. Perhaps I will contact him over the summer when I am not as busy and we have both had time to adjust to not being together, but would that just be selfish of me? Perhaps it depends on my motives, which I am trying to be more conscious of these days.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I don't think it is selfish. You obviously got along with him and, if he doesn't want to answer the phone or return the call, he doesn't have to.