Thursday, July 28, 2005

it's been a while

I guess I have been really wrapped up in school stuff of late. I spend at least a day of each weekend studying for anatomy as well as a couple of nights a week.. craziness. And, I'm only getting an A-! I know, I should be happy with that figuring that I didn't major in anything related to anatomy in college and half the class are ex-exercise physiology majors, but I'm used to putting forth much less effort for better grades. I guess I could always go back to being an engineer, but what is the fun in that, right?

Well, I am definitely learning that I need to balance things out more. I need to take nights off to spend with Brian and my friends and I need to be ok with A-s, B+s, and hell even the occational C... ok, maybe that's taking things too far!

It's just a lot harder to change your life than I thought: more effort, lack of free time, and a ton of questions as to whether or not you are doing the right thing. At least there are others there in the same situation, and I think each of us has already had a day or two where we've contemplated going back to the our familiar former lives. Perhaps in a couple more months I won't believe I ever doubted myself. We already have had one girl withdrawal, and it was really sad.

Grad school is definitely more than I thought it would be!

1 comment:

Kim said...

You'll be fine, Jess. :) Trust me, it all works out. And, usually programs throw the hardest stuff out there the first semester/year. Your life will be more normal at some point...then again, your life was never really all that normal to begin with.